Google

Monday, October 15, 2007

A Strange Encounter

Today I went to the dreaded bus stop, as usual. All the other mommy's are there in their sweatpants and ponytails like they just woke up. That's all right n' all, It's just not for me. I'm just not one of those people that doesn't care about my appearance. And it is not for other people, but I do it because I love my husband, and I want to be something he can be proud of. I never want to be the one of many who "lets themselves go" only to receive a pot belly, and no husband in a few years. I try to keep myself looking interesting. I wear interesting things. Like, I wear a lot of headwraps and hats. Those are my main accessories. and maybe a cute jacket. I like pink or brown jackets that come down to about your knees. I also wear the occasional wrist bands. The one that I have has a cross on it and is pink. So I usually wear a pink headwrap with it, with a brown shirt and it was something simple I threw together but everyone thinks Im cute.

Like this morning, I didn't even fix my hair. On days like that, I will usually wear a hat. It distracts people's attention from your bad hair! :) So I simply put my hair in low pig tails on each side of my head, situated above my shoulders, slapped my pink hat on, and put a pink jacket on. I was even wearing my pink house slippers. I threw myself together, but because I don't go out in sweats, I get noticed.

One mom actually came up to me and laughed and said, "you know, I think I'm really starting to hate you" she said, "you always look like a million bucks in the mornings. Maybe I should take some pointers" I was like, "ok...thanks??" and for the first time since school started, one of the moms talked to me. Maybe I scare people off because I'm so beautiful. he he, just kidding. It made me feel good though. Maybe I can change the world. NO MORE DULL LOOKING STAY AT HOME MOMS, join the revolution, dare to be noticed!

No comments:




Casting Crowns - I Know You're There
The song playing is from this CD: