Google

Friday, October 12, 2007

Good Reads










My husband bought me this bible January this year and I love it. It is a very girly bible that is marketed toward teens, but I have been reading it for quite a while now and it works just as well for any girly girl :). It's called Revolve. You can get it at major christian retailers, but I would recommend getting it by clicking here because otherwise it will be pretty expensive. It has daily devotionals in it and other cool ad ins that I really like. It is worth every penny of the high price, but hey, if you can get it cheaper how much better is that?

So I will also tell you what I didn't like. The Relationship rescue by Dr. Phil. Now, I do like Dr. Phil and that is why I bought the book and the workbook that goes with it, but all it did was depress me. I thought it focused way too much on each others insignificant flaws, and didn't offer a quick enough solution. You keep reading and reading wondering when he is gonna tell you it's gonna be okay, just to get to the end of the book and think wow, I must have a lowsy marriage. Everybody has problems, but I felt that they were put under a microscope too much, with not enough solution. He will pretty much tell you whether you should get a divorce or not. Yikes. I expected more help than doom and gloom, you know? But if you still want to read it yourself, you can get it here.

Another book we like is the Disney Princess book. It is actually a collection of your favorite disney princess stories. It has short stories on Ariel, Cinderella, Belle, Snow white, Bambi, Aladdin, Mulan, Tarzan, and quite a few more. in all, it has 19 stories all in one book you can read to your kids. My daughter loves this book. We are certainly getting our $20 worth out of it, but I have since seen it cheaper here. Don't you just hate that! But they are cute stories. I like it because then you don't have a bunch of books sprawled out everywhere. You have them all in one and she likes to get it out and read it a lot.

Oh, and I got this book called "The day I died" and it sounds really aweful and morbid, but truely it is not. It really inspired me. I read it in about a day, the story hooks you. It also makes you really look into your own life. You can see the book here. I also Like 90 minutes in Heaven. That was another addictive read that gives you an inside look at what Heaven was like from someone who died and came back.

I know you are probably thinking, "don't I read anything else besides motivational stuff"... and no, I don't and that is because I could use all the help I can get! :)

No comments:




Casting Crowns - I Know You're There
The song playing is from this CD: