Google

Monday, October 15, 2007

My Morning Arsenal





I have learned a lot through years and years of trial and error. What works, what doesn't, and decided to share some of my secrets here with you. Everything I have talked about here, is shown in the photo above

1. Take your makeup off at night. If you feel like you simply must leave it on for the sake of society, use mineral makeup. I am in love with Loreal bare naturale mineral makeup in Soft ivory.

2. use facial moisturizer (I use olay facial moisturizer) If you don't, your skin will dry out which will cause wrinkles. I started getting crows feet in my early 20's because I never used it, and I regret that now, but since I have been using facial moisturizer, all of the lines that were showing on my face have vanished. I look younger now than I did in high school, and I am 27! This is not just me saying it, my family and everyone else comments on it too.

3. This should probably be #1, Drink as much water as you can. This will help hydrate your skin from the inside out. I can tell when I don't drink a lot of water my lips start chapping up. Also if you drink too much soda it will dehydrate you fast.

4. Personally, I don't use blush. I haven't used blush for years. I don't like it or how it looks. I use bronzer. You can use any brand you want, cheap or expensive. From my experience, it doesn't seem to matter. Just pick what color you want and put it lightly on your cheeks, forehead, and a little on chin. it will give you a little glow.

5. To make me look chipper and awake in the mornings no matter how I feel, I use revlon shimmer powder. I put it on the lids of my eyes, and around in a 'C' shape around above my brow around to under my eye. It reflect light, so you won't look sleepy.

6. This may sound silly, but if you have a big night out and you have cuts on your legs, or bug bites, or other kind of imperfection, I like using TruBlend by Cover Girl. It's whipped makeup and it makes your legs look airbrushed. Beautiful!

7. Personally, I don't use eyeliner anymore. I used to, but I found out that it was making my eyes swell up, so be careful!

8. I have a recurring problem with my cuticles. They like to shrivle up and be quite ugly, but my Sally Hansen Cuticle massage cream heals it almost in one night!

9. Occasionally, I do have the problem of getting the occasional cyst (acne) on my face that will just not go away, and for that I like to use Neutrogena Rapid Clear. It will reduce the appearance within 8 hours. I put it on before bedtime as needed and it is reduced in size and appearance by the time I wake up the next day. Also, if you don't get enough sleep it will make you break out. I guess my skin is really sensitive. I need my "beauty" sleep! I notice my face is so much clearer and smooth if I catch up on my sleep. And oh yea, CLEAN YOUR PILLOW CASE OFTEN! It harbors all kinds of yucky germs from you drooling on it, sweating on it, and whatever else. Clean it as often as you can and you should see a reduction in breakouts.

10. For special occasions (but very rarely!) I use Loreal infallible makeup. I love the look it gives me, covers exceptionally well, and it lasts forever and ever, BUT-It makes me break out. But I do recommend it for a wedding, or a party, or something where you need your makeup to hold up. Just make sure you wash it off as soon as you get home!

11. Do you have a mole? or other beauty mark that you are proud of? I am proud of mine. I try to put my makeup on around my mole so you can still see it. If I cover it up though, I will use a brown/black pencil and lightly make it darker.

12. Your brows set the tone for the rest of your face. Make sure you pluck regularly (but not too much!) and use a brow pencil to accentuate your brows and shape them as needed. I love using Revlon Brow fantasy.

13. The perfect scent. My husband LOVES Glow after dark by JLo, and I actually love it to. What's most important, is that your man will love it. :) That is after all why we wear it, right? And the bottle it comes in is pretty. I originally told my hubbie that I would wear it for special occasion only to keep it special, but I end up wearing it every day I like it so much!

14. I don't wear lipstick. I wear it lightly if it is a big occasion, but most every day, I just keep hydrated. Currently I am using Lip Smackers cotton candy flavored lip balm. yummy and it smells good, but don't eat it people! it goes on your lips!

15. Extensions, why not? Change it up and have short hair one day and long hair the next, like me! Everyone is probably confused everytime I walk out of my house but it's fun. You can't even tell I'm wearing extensions. They clip into your own hair. It doesn't hurt, and you can do it yourself. I am wearing my extensions in the picture above. You can get your own here.

16. Of all of the mascaras that I have tried, Revlon 3D extreme lived up to my expectations, and is the one that I am currently using, and planning to buy again when it runs out. Be careful the first time you put it on, it may surprise you how much comes out. Once you get the hang of it though, you will have diva lashes.

Well, I think that's about it! If I think of any more tips or find some new ones, I will be sure to add them!

No comments:




Casting Crowns - I Know You're There
The song playing is from this CD: