Google

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

cheap, easy, and delicious family meal

I got this recipe from my mom. It was one of my favorites growing up. She had 5 kids, so she always cooked things that were affordable for all of us. My husband loves this recipe, and he had never even had this before I cooked it for him! Makes me feel special.

This will cost you next to nothing to make.

Tuna Casserole

Ingredients:






Wide Egg Noodles (16 oz bag) $1.00*
Campbells cream of mushroom soup (1)$.70*
Chicken of the Sea chunk light tuna in water (12 oz can) $1.50*
Campbells Cheddar cheese soup (1)
Shredded cheddar cheese (1 bag) $1.50*

for our family of 4, we always have a TON of leftovers
*prices will vary

Once you have the ingredients, it's easy. Boil some water in a large pot until bubbling, then add your egg noodles. Set your timer for 9 minutes and cook the noodles uncovered, stirring occasionally so they don't stick together. When your buzzer goes off, drain the water out from the noodles, then add your cream of mushroom, tuna, and cheddar cheese soup. Stir it all in and you are pretty much done! I sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese on top of each individuals dish when I serve this.

Enjoy!

No comments:




Casting Crowns - I Know You're There
The song playing is from this CD: