Google

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Delicious and simple Christmas treat


Christmas Myspace Comments

I am all about simplicity. After all, I want to spend most of my time with my family, not stuck in the kitchen, but you can still make things homemade and have the pride of calling them your own without wasting a lot of your time.
Your kids can even help you out with this simple idea!

Edible Christmas Wreaths

What you'll need:
-bag of mini marshmallows
-green food coloring
-cinammon candies
-Corn Flakes
-stick of margarine

First you will need to place a stick of margarine into a large pot and heat on low/med heat. Let the margarine start to melt and start mixing in the marshmallows.
When the marshmallows are almost completely melted, then put your desired amount of green food coloring in until you reached your desired green color.

Now pour your corn flakes in with the marshmallows a little at a time and mix with a large spoon. (I dont' measure out the cornflakes, I just make sure that the flakes are completely covered with the green marshmallows, and you will be able to tell if you don't have enough corn flakes in if your wreaths look a little runny)

AS SOON as the corn flakes are completely green and covered with the marsmallow mix, immediately start scooping with your spoon onto a greased cookie sheet, placing your cinnamon candies on as you go, wherever you want them! I put 3 in a group with a total of 2-3 groups on each wreath.

This takes a total of about 10 minutes to make!

Once you have used up all of your corn flake/marshmallow mix, you are done and you can either eat them after they cool, store them at room temperature covered, or do as I do and put them in the refrigerator. (I like the taste of them cold!)

So I know this probably seems like a lot but I just wanted to include as much detail as possible so you have no problems making these. I make these every year and they are the FAVORITE treat!

Enjoy and Merry Christmas!

No comments:




Casting Crowns - I Know You're There
The song playing is from this CD: