Google

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Hollywoodprofiles.com thieves

This morning I woke up to find that after telling them a thing or two about what I thought about their shady company, they discreetly put my money back in my bank account. So now I'm happy, but want everyone to know what they really are before they make the same mistake I did.

It started with receiving an e-mail (junkmail) which I clicked on in curiosity and it took me to a no risk sign up page. 100% satisfaction guarantee (lol!)

I filled it out and then it directs you to a page to give them your credit card information for only $1.95 for membership to their site. Sounded like a good deal, so I did it. I've spent more money on mocha's at starbucks after all.

I signed up and didn't give it another thought. I have several profiles on the internet, most of them are free so didn't think this was a big deal or any different at all until..... I saw my bank statement 14 days later where they charged me $50.00!!!
for what??? I never got anything for $50.00. So after spending hours and hours and days trying to get a person on the phone for this company, I finally get a hold of someone that was very cocky and wouldn't even cancel my membership!!! She ended up hanging up on me after waiting on hold for an hour even waiting for someone to pick up. Boy then I was mad. So I called back, waited on hold forever again, and tried it all over again. I was very nice but told her that what she was saying didn't make sense. She again agrued with me about canceling my membership and the fact that they have to charge me $50.00 for nothing because they can. I finally talked this one into cancelling my account, but why did that have to be debated? I'm confused? I'm sure it has something to do with, ... oh I dunno, money maybe?
But she told me I didn't qualify for a refund because you have to do it within 14 days. I said "well isn't this day 14???" and so we argued about that for a while and finally gave up on the poor girl and hung up.

So I thought I would call back AGAIN and just talk to a manager or supervisor. I talked to a guy named Mike who seemed smug and proud of his cheating company. I said I just need to talk to a supervisor or manager please. He asked me what the problem was, so for the 3rd time, I told the problem. Then he said he couldn't help me. I said again, I just need to talk to a manager. He told me that I didn't qualify to talk to a manager. LOL! qualify. I laughed. I've never heard of having to qualify to talk to a manager LOL! So I told him if he was gonna steal my $50 bucks I think that's bought me the right to speak to a manager! he still said no, so I told him how his company was a bunch of thieves and he hung up on me. LOL.

In the end though, they gave me my money back because they knew I was right. Hollywoodprofiles.com are thieves. Beware and I hope I prevent someone else from making the same mistake that I did signing up with them in the first place.

No comments:




Casting Crowns - I Know You're There
The song playing is from this CD: